Saturday, July 22, 2006

Welcome!

I've had this blog for a long while and have yet to post anything to it, intending for this to be my "professional" blog (counter to my thought-of-the-moment personal blog), with all my geeky inspirational wisdom, and the right time never seems to come. Last month it was very close, with RailsConf '06 in Chicago, but the network support for the conference and the hotel were laughable, and my blogging urges were thwarted yet again.

Now, I'm on my way to Portland, Oregon for OSCON '06. I came last year and had a blast. I got to see DHH do his Rails intro in person, I got to hear Why do a show, I got to ride a Segway, I got to meet a fair number of cool, geeky folks, and I got exposed to all sorts of wonderful, cool, nerdly ideas than I never would have if I hadn't come.

This year, I'm going without my wife. While it was great exploring Portland and the surrounding environs with her, I think I missed out on some fun after-hours social events. This year (for better or worse....) I get to be as geeky as I want to be, 24x5. I'm really curious what kind of ideas I'm going to end up with by the end of this.

So, welcome to my professional blog. I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences as a software development team lead, an explorer of new technologies, a Ruby on Rails enthusiast, and as a "veteran" software developer.

No comments: